Saturday 1 March 2014

Top 10 Pokémon

Even though I'm not a follower of the cartoon, I do believe I gotta catch 'em all. This is my list of favourite Pokémon:



1. Mew
It's always hard to decide between Mew and Mewtwo; and to be honest, I can't choose. But it wouldn't be fair to place two Pokémon on the same spot. That's not the point of making a list.
I chose Mew to be my number one, as it gains one extra point for its unbearably cute voice.

While there are alot of cat-like Pokémon, Mew is one of the first designed Pokémon in the series, so I don't think it deserves to get noted on that. Just everything about this animal is endearing. I fully believe Mew is the only Pokémon in the series not a single person on the planet dislikes.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
2. Mewtwo
Mewtwo is serious business. I love its design, I love its backstory, and it's an (apparently) even stronger clone of a legendary Pokémon; it doesn't get cooler than that. While you'd expect a total Gary Stu with a character design like this, Mewtwo actually has its limits and it still comes across as a fairly deep character.
Of course, not everyone would agree with me on that, but without a doubt, the story of Mewtwo raises some really important discussions. The day cloning is a success, people will definitely frown upon the scientists, but will the clone, who has nothing to do with it, be accepted in society?
 
Also, Mewtwo is a sexy bitch.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
3. Zoroark
Dude, this guy is fabulous.
I've never heard or seen this character before playing Pokémon X, but apparently it has its own movie. The moment it appeared on my game screen I had to have it in my team forever; even though it's not exactly one of the strongest Pokémon out there. It does have alot of neat tricks up its sleeve.
Besides that, its design is amazingly amazing, and that's pretty much all I care for.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
4. Charizard
I can't forget about my other old favourite. Before Mew and Mewtwo, there was Charizard.
I've always loved dragons, and Charizard was the most awesome dragon the series had to offer back then. And really, it still is the most awesome dragon. Charizard has a simple and neat design, and it always looked strong and unbeatable. And really, it is a very strong creature.
 
 Just don't splash water on him, lizard's made of sugar. 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
5. Furret
Since I've owned countless of ferrets myself, I couldn't miss this one. But never mind my personal experience, Furret is one cute little sock. As silly and clumsy its first form looks, Furret is a delight for the eye. I'd make some sweet coats out of that tail.
The only thing that saddens me is that the creature is not very strong. 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
6. Litleo
Holy smokes, this Pokémon is cute. Just like Zoroark, I've never seen it before Pokémon X, and I certainly enjoyed its presence in my team. Before it evolved. I'm not exactly a fan of the evolved forms, but that's only because this cub is so adorable. The adult versions are not adorable.
Still badass, though.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
7. Magikarp
This fish is a trollmaster and I love it.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
8. Vaporeon
I always had a strange liking for Vaporeon. I found it to be a very graceful creature, and the prettiest evolution of Eevee at the time.
I still think it's one of the prettiest, though I think Espeon and Leafeon are now beating it. But they came way later, and that's not how I roll.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
9. Vulpix
As a child I never really gave much attention to this one, but I can't deny Vulpix is one of the cutest Pokémon out there. And it has an awesome evolution, so it's a win-win.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
10. Jynx
I wouldn't use the purple-faced image if you held a knife to my throat. The lovely Jynx has quite a backstory, and I'm sad they had to change the colour she was born with, but apparently Jynx was offensive towards black people, while Mr. Mime isn't considered offensive towards mimes.
But Jynx, you're beautiful.

By the way, Mr. Mime is an abomination.


No comments:

Post a Comment