Saturday 1 March 2014

Jontron

Holy Hell, this man. 
I first came across him when watching the series "Game Grumps", and came across those series when wanting to check out how bad the game Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic 06) really was. And I was not disappointed by him, or the series.
Sadly enough I came across the series when Jontron had already left, and the reason for this is, of course, fans not supporting anything their idol does.

If you come across this article, please do read the previous articles where I discus Video Games AWESOME and the Nostalgia Critic. In both stories I've talked about the same subject, and without a doubt, it's a rotten personality trait within fans that is rageworthy.
While Jontron has been replaced by someone else now and I don't have a problem with it, you can already guess this poor man is going to get compared with "the great Jontron" till the day he dies. So like always, fans are again not satisfied.


Die. Please, all of you die.

But I don't want to fill my tribute to Jontron with pure hate, as he seems to have handled the whole commotion just fine and said farewell to the series so he could continue making his own videos.
Was giving in to his fans' demands like that really the right thing to do? I wouldn't know about that. I guess this issue doesn't really have a right or wrong answer. I would've liked for the boy to stay, but at the same time, his own material is really damn funny, and if Game Grumps took all of his time, then I guess it wasn't wrong of him to leave.
But at the same time, to appear once a week or month should've been possible, right?

Who knows, maybe one day he'll go back again, but I think both Jontron and Game Grumps did good for the moment.

Jontron is a special kind of batshit crazy, but the jokes he writes and the formula of his videos still leave me puzzled:
I've seen countless of "hosted" gameplay videos and video game reviews, and Jontron's script isn't that different from those terrible wannabes roaming on Youtube. In case you disagree with me, just go back to view some of his videos. And try to be objective.
But there is this brilliance inside of him that makes him succesfully perform these otherwise lame jokes. He has the face, the pose, the voice, the editing skills, that man can make anything seem funny. Of course, I'm not saying his jokes are bad, but Jontron is a complete cartoon character, and that helps him earn his points.
He makes his pet bird, Jacques, appear as a talking robot, and lets it happen without any explanation. And I don't need one. Though, I often wonder what's going on in that bird's head while Jontron is doing his thing and screaming at him.


Most likely not much.
Tis a bird.


1 comment:

  1. Jon didn't "give into his fans' demands." He left by his own choice because he wanted to work on a more complex show. He also wanted to move to New York, which is quite literally across the country.

    I prefer the JonTron videos anyways.

    ReplyDelete