Friday 21 February 2014

Sonic Boom

Getting it out here before it turns old news:
Sega is making a fresh attemp at a Sonic game, again, as it took them a while to realise that no one was really digging their human-kissing, goody-two-shoes Sonic and the overdramatic and badly acted games he starred in.
But, not going to lie, I liked the Sonic X series based on what I saw.


Without a doubt they are trying their best to appeal to the audience, as Sonic games are pretty much being shat out by the second, and there is one fact everybody can agree on: that the trailers and visuals they show for these games have always been awesome.
But, the games themselves always end up disappointing fans. But really, Sometimes high expectations can make a game seem worse than it really is.

I only have a few Sonic games myself, and I found myself disliking Sonic Heroes, but liking Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Unleashed, even though those games are called pieces of shit as well. I'm not going to claim these games are perfect, but then I'd only be talking about the story. I've never had much trouble with the gameplay of either games, or the levels where Sonic runs around as a werewolf in Unleashed. That's actually my favourite part.

But back to the original subject of this article; "Sonic Boom", the name of the upcoming game and tv-series Sega has planned for us.
Honestly, I won't give my opinion about the game right now, as the trailer has the same formula as all their previous trailers, so the game can actually still fail. Don't like Knuckles big, clumsy appearance, and Sonic has a scary face in the cutscenes, but those are little aspects you shouldn't judge an entire game for.
But then there's the tv-show, which can be a more difficult project to perform than a game, but seeing what I saw, I am not turned off. I want to see this and I want to see this succeed. Sonic deserves success, if only because of the fact he survived all this time. 

Doesn't that mean his fans want him to succeed as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment